- The premiere commercial port in Ghana
- ISPS compliant since 2004
- Handled 25% of national seaborne Traffic in 2021
- Handled 18% of national seaborne imports in 2021
- Handled 61% of national seaborne exports in 2021
- Major import commodities handled: Clinker, Petroleum Products, Wheat, Ammonium Nitrate, Gypsum, Quicklime,Coal and Limestone.
- Major export commodities handled: Manganese, Bauxite and Cocoa.
- Safest port in the sub region
- 2-day documentation, clearance and delivery procedure
- Favourite cruise destination due to the abundance of tourist attractions in the Western and Central regions of Ghana.
- Jubilee and TEN oil/ gas exploration and production fields near the Port
- Safe haven for offshore supply vessels in the West-African Sub region
- Has a modern ship repair facility (slipway & dry-dock)
- Alternative port for economic operators in the landlocked countries of Burkina Faso, Niger and Mali.
- Expanded with modern terminal facilities, more berths, and deeper drafts to accommodate larger vessels to improve efficiency of port operations.